Must-try Tofu-Stuffed Acorn Squash RecipeJanuary 31, 2020
Oh,Tomatoes! Summer Tomato Salad RecipeFebruary 25, 2020
Have you decided to stay indoors on Valentines and just share an intimate and homemade healthy dinner with your loved one? Check out this Tomato soup recipe to start your night!
Did You Know?
Tomatoes have been linked to many health benefits as they are considered as the major dietary source of antioxidant lycopene. These are found to bring better heart and skin health, and may even prevent cancer.
Why don’t you add this Tomato Soup to your menu this Valentines Day?
Tomato Soup Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 28 oz. whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 slices bread
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- ½ tsp. Sugar
What to Do:
- Heat oil on medium and saute onion and garlic for 10 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, bay leaves and ½ teaspoon salt. Heat to boiling on high, reduce heat and then simmer for 20 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Trim bread crusts, toast, and stir into soup.
- Remove and discard bay leaves. Stir in butter and sugar.
- Blend soup until smooth and stir in ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Serve topped with heart breads.
If you’d like to make your heart skip a beat with a healthy starter, then try this Tomato Soup recipe!