Try this Carrot Muffin Recipe for a Healthy SnackJanuary 14, 2020
Tomato Soup Recipe For a Healthy ValentinesFebruary 10, 2020
Did you know that Tofu is jam-packed with so many nutrients? It has become a versatile ingredient which brings about multiple health benefits for you, including the potential to reduce the risk of breast cancer.
Here’s a must-try tofu-stuffed acorn squash recipe for you!
- 2 small acorn squash
- ¼ chopped fresh dill
- Kosher salt
- Ground pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 small red onion
- 1 14-ounce package firm tofu
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan
- Baby spinach
- Whole wheat pitas
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a large microwaveable bowl, put in the squash and add 1 tablespoon dill, a splash of water and salt and pepper to taste. Cover it with a plastic wrap, pierce the plastic and microwave for 15 minutes or until tender.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute garlic and onion. Stir in the tofu and add ¼ teaspoon salt. Let it cook for 2 minutes then stir, cook until browned.
- Push the tofu and onion to one side of the pan, add half of the tomatoes to the other side and add salt to taste. Stir the tomatoes and then stir into the tofu and onion mixture. Add half of your baby spinach and a splash of water. Stir until spinach wilts. Stir in 1 tablespoon parmesan and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Toss the pitas, the remaining spinach, tomatoes, 3 tablespoons dill, 1 tablespoon parmesan, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and salt to taste in a bowl. Spoon the tofu mixture into the squash and serve with the salad.